Water Baptism = an outward sign of an inward work.
Baptism is an important step of obedience that shows others we have personally trusted Jesus for our salvation. When Christians are baptized, they are submerged under water to identify with the death and burial of Jesus and raised out of the water to identify with His resurrection. People often have questions regarding baptism: Why be baptized? Should I be baptized again? Please take a few minutes to read the following and build your faith about water baptism.
Water Baptism Scriptures
“As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” – Matthew 3:16-17
“Then Jesus came to them and said, ‘All authority in heaven and earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit – and teach them to obey everything that I have commanded you.’” – Matthew 28:18-20
Water Baptism Teachings
- The Big Reveal – by Pastor Dennis Calhoun, Souls Church
- To Follow Jesus – by Pastor Chris Hodges, Church of the Highlands
- What Is Water Baptism (PDF) – GOT Questions
- Baby Steps – by Pastor Chris Hodges, Church of the Highlands
- Going Public – by Pastor Chris Hodges, Church of the Highlands